Sunday, June 6, 2010

Drinks and Snacks

Drinks from Montreal! I picked these up from le MarchĂ© des sauveurs when I was last in Jean-Talon Market

Casey mentioned that he had this in Vancouver and that it was good.
It was $9.99 + taxes for a case of six.
The wheat ale is quite fruity, ever so slightly bitter, and very tasty. 

I also picked up a random bottle of "Belgian" beer from Brasseurs de Montreal to try.

$1.99 + taxes.
I didn't quite notice coriander, but I still liked it. It had good flavour without being overbearing. When I first tasted it, it reminded me of a more sophisticated version of Molson Canadian. (Yeah, I'm not a beer aficionado.)

Snacks from Loblaws!

There are a bunch of new President's Choice products at Loblaws, and Josie decided to try the multigrain tortilla chips (and share them with me). 
Josie liked them better than Doritos. I thought they had a good amount of seasoning and they didn't taste multigrain. They tasted like a tomato version of these Mexicasa chips I had more than a decade ago (and haven't found again since) in that they don't need to go with salsa due to their generous seasoning. They went well with the white beer. 

Onion ring chips.
These crispy and light snacks were a part of my childhood. I can't not like them. 

Snacks were courtesy of Josie. Much thanks to her for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment