Saturday, January 30, 2010

Golden Star


Ever since I was little, I have always seen the giant yellow sign belonging to this joint and wondered how the place had survived so many years. This establishment is older than I am. Way older. Last night, I finally had the chance to discover just what this place was about. If it isn't obvious, Golden Star is about burgers.

The homemade burger is large in surface area, not too thick, and quite tasty. I didn't find the meat as juicy as the meat from Craft Burger, but I didn't find myself complaining that it was super dry either. The fixings that go with the burger are like Harvey's. You choose what you want on it and they're pretty standard burger toppings options. The soft bun had some trouble holding everything together. The fries are crispy, but not seasoned enough for me.

Around the corner from the ordering section, there is a full fridge of beer. Beer with your burger?

I'm definitely willing to go back.

Total damage for a homemade burger, friest, and a Sprite: $10.16.

No comments:

Post a Comment