Sunday, June 19, 2011

Spuntini

416-962-1110
Hours:  5 p.m. - 11 p.m. daily.

Soup of the day
A cabbage and potato purée. It was more flavourful than its description. Its orange-reddish colour made it look more like tomato soup (possibly also due to lighting). It was larger and more filling than I had expected.

Rigatoni portobello.
The sauce was quite creamy, the shredded Parmesan on top was nice, and the pasta was cooked pretty much to al dente status. The large chunks of portobello were tasty and just the right turgidity for me. The first bite through the piece had a slight pop, and as my teeth sunk into the squishy flesh, the mushroom juices flowed nicely.

Would I return? Yes. Our server was quite friendly and polite. The food was good, portions were more generous than I had anticipated, and Felicia's tiramisu looked legit with its boozey lady fingers. Prices aren't on the cheap side, but they're not super extravagant either. The main entrance is lined with pictures of celebrities who have visited the restaurant. My one beef with the experience was that the soot from the candle was blowing into my face due to the open window. Luckily, it wasn't that windy and that only happened on occasion throughout the dinner.

Total damage: $37 for my soup, pasta, and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment