Friday, June 3, 2011

Capriccio Café

647-351-5550
Hours: 
Mon - Sat: 10 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Sundays and holidays: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.

Chocolate cheesecake, cappuccino cheesecake, cappuccino daquoise (Dufflet), vanilla cheesecake, passion fruit something (Dufflet), red velvet cheesecake.



Casey originally wanted to get 4 cheesecakes, one of each of the varieties available. He changed his mind when he was told that there was no tax (tax included) if he purchased any six mini cakes. Unfortunately, they didn't have larger versions of those particular cheesecakes. Simon and Renée preferred the Dufflet cakes over the other ones and were least impressed with the red velvet cheesecake. Out of the cheesecakes, the chocolate one was most intense. The order of cake eating from lightest tasting to strongest tasting (after Simon had tried them all first) was like so: red velvet cheesecake, vanilla cheesecake, cappuccino daquoise, passon fruit something (?), cappuccino cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake. 

The passion fruit cake had very fruity flavours coming off the outer layer. I quite liked the intensity of the cappuccino and chocolate cheesecakes. The meringue part of the cappuccino daquoise was quite nice as well. I found the vanilla cheesecake to be softer than the others. It was more creamy, but I kind of liked that. Actually, I'm suddenly reminded of the cheese pies I had in Montreal at Rockaberry... great, now I'm craving something I can't get in Toronto. 


Would I return? Sure. The mini cakes are cool, and I'm still a fan of the cheesecakes. I also have random cake cravings that this place would satisfy.

Total damage: free for me thanks to Casey!

No comments:

Post a Comment