Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cora's

905-508-1755
Hours: 
Mon - Sat 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sun 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.

At the corner of 16th and Vogell (on a pretty warm day), we spotted a costumed cartoon frog waving at us. The waving frog was branded by Cora's, which is where we were headed. Pauline, who has never been there before said, "I like this place already". Indeed. They have cute pictures and interesting decorations on the wall. Since moving away to the States, Casey has missed Cora's fruit-filled breakfasts.



I ordered the Construction plate.
It's a plate full of protein and potatoes. I actually could not finish this. Too. Much. Protein. Bacon was crispy and sausages were tasty. Eggs weren't overcooked, nor were they raw.

Would I return? I will probably go again the next time Casey visits since he loves it so much. It's not the cheapest breakfast around, but they don't mess it up, and there are some pretty nice-looking dishes on the menu. Service was very friendly, but the food took a little while to come out. My coffee was refilled without me asking, which was nice. This location is less crowded than the one at Warden and Highway 7, but someone had mentioned that the other one is better and serves faster.

Total damage for my food and coffee: $16-something.

Note: the credit card machine didn't have the percentage option for tipping, so I actually had to do math in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment