Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Kitchen

My Kitchen (9021 Leslie Street, Richmond Hill)

One small minced pork and preserved egg congee and one small beef congee with preserved and salty eggs:
They really packed those congees with solids. 

Vegetarian (empty) rice noodle rolls ("gai been cheung fun" or "zai cheung"):
Soaked in sweet soya sauce, these were both cost efficient and tasty! There were other condiments on the table to use on them as well, including hoisin sauce, peanut sauce, hot sauce, and sesame seeds.

Classic table crunch from Jo:

My favourite part was the rice noodle dish. No, wait... my favourite part was that it was so cheap for the two of us to eat and be full.

Damages: $4.25 for each congee, $2.50 for the rice noodle rolls, $1.50 for the deep fried dough sticks (for the congee), $0 for the little dish of pickled white radishes and carrots, and my belly hanging over my pants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment