Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hot House Cafe

Hot House Cafe (35 Church Street, Toronto)

Some appetizer that had the word "Trio" in it.
There was cream cheese, some olive spread, and seasoned tomatoes. I thought the olive spread tasted like that President's Choice tapenade, but I think it was baked, so it had a weird density to it. Dorothy and I were annoyed that it wasn't quite spreadable. We all agreed that putting the cream cheese and tomatoes together was a good combination. We probably wouldn't have been able to finish the sauces without the basket of warm complimentary bread.

Hot House penne:

It was well done and quite filling. I would have preferred the mushrooms to have been cut, but it wasn't so bad. I'm a sucker for Italian sausage.

None of us were particularly pleased with our server. When Renée asked for more water, Simon got another glass. The rest of us had to make do with our half empty glasses for the rest of the dinner. We noted that our particular area was particularly dark compared to the rest of the restaurant. We also noted that the servers in the front were a lot more friendly towards us than our own waitress.

I'd go back, but I'd ask to sit in the larger, brighter area in the front - with the friendlier servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment