Monday, April 19, 2010

Z-Teca

Z-Teca (Fairview Mall, 1800 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario)
416-494-4224
Hours:
Mon  - Sat 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sun 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

There was a coupon floating around the internet to get a burrito for $5. They're supposed to be gourmet burritos that cost even more regularly.

I didn't get one myself, so I just took some of Chris's.

The burrito looked promising, but it disappointed me, Chris, and Andrew.


I noted really dry chicken meat and a chewy wrap. I thought the wrap would have that slightly crunchy part like Burrito Boyz since they put it in that press machine, but it didn't. The rice also wasn't as cool as the cilantro-lime rice from Chipotle.

Chris said that his burrito was full of the rice and that it was pretty gross.

Andrew said that it made him physically sick, and that it was just terrible. He went on a mini tirade about how awful it was the next day. We went to Chipotle within a few days of visiting Z-Teca to restore his faith in burritos and to get the experience out of his mind.

Total damage: $5 per burrito.

Will I be returning? Um, that's a no, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment