Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ajisen Ramen

Ajisen Ramen (5229 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario)
(416) 223-0618

There aren't that many ramen places that I know of in Toronto, so it's kind of a treat when I get to try one. I went here for lunch with Esther. She says that they're Chinese, but they serve Japanese ramen.

I walked into this place, and 'Wah! Hot pink bench chairs!' The bowls on display on the wall are kind of cool though. The place was about a third to half full of customers on a weekday during prime lunch time.


I ordered the crispy chicken ramen. The chicken came out in a cute little dish. It was a little weird that it didn't come out at the same time as the ramen, and it was just that on our table for a little while. 
It didn't fail in crispiness, but the meat was on the dry side.

What I liked about the bowl of noodles was the soup. The taste is pretty strong so it's a good thing that I liked it. The ramen itself reminded me of spaghetti. Maybe that's what ramen is supposed to taste like?

Total damage: $8 or $9. I can't remember.

Would Dri go back? Sure, if I'm in the area and Kenzo is too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment