Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lemon Honey Ginger Tea

Lemon Honey Ginger Tea

As the season changed (and as I started to take public transportation on a daily basis), I managed to get a sore throat. The sore throat became a cold. Then it was time to attempt to cure myself with tea. 


Yes, I just throw the pieces of ginger in there too.

Here's what I do to make it my way:
1) Peel and slice/chop up some ginger and put in boiling water.
2) Cut up lemon slices and squeeze into a cup. Throw some unsqueezed slices in there too.
3) Let the ginger water boil for at least ten minutes.
4) Pour ginger water into the cup with lemon juice.
5) Add honey.

I used up four lemons in about three days.

It's supposedly good for me, and my throat can sometimes feel the burn. I just take that as a sign that it's working. Oh, and I actually like the taste, but I'm one of those weirdos who can eat cooked pieces of ginger.

2 comments:

  1. sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually seen that before, and have had it when I was a kid, but I didn't realize it was for sore throats and coughs.

    Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete