Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kyu Shou

Kyu Shou Japanese Noodle House (4733 Steeles Avenue East, Scarborough, Ontario)
416-609-1819

One order of uni (sea urchin) sushi.
Melts in my mouth. The paper divider was a bit of a turn off though. It reminded me of cheap takeout sushi.

 Pork bone soup ramen with onigri.
The onigri was pretty fillin in addition to the bowl of ramen. There was bits of what looked like dry canned fish and some seasoning in the onigri. The white soup was very intense. The noodles were wavy like packaged instant noodles, but with more turgidity. The meat was easy to chew and came in a fair portion. I wasn't a fan of the bak choy in the ramen. It just seemed weird.

 Chris's spicy seafood ramen.
The broth was indeed spicy, but I still preferred my pork bone broth. There were mussels, clams, and shrimp in his bowl. What was impressive was that the shrimp was peeled. This could also mean that the shrimp came from frozen.

After meal candy.
Guava?


The two menus are pretty solidly made. One contains mostly pictures. Most of the lunch specials with pictures and prices are posted on the windows outside as well.


Would I return? Yes. I quite liked the pork bone broth, and Chris seemed satisfied with the uni. The prices are fair, but they seem extra cheap during lunch time. The restaurant looks nice and clean inside. There were three small complimentary appetizer plates of edamame, kimchi, and bean sprouts.

Total damage: free for me thanks to Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment