Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apple Pie

Nothing beats a homemade apple pie... unless it's made fresh in a bakery by a professional... but homemade pies are still good.

2 c. flour, heaped
Pinch of salt
1/2 to 2/3 c. oil
Milk to make one full cup (with oil)

Stir quickly; roll between wax paper. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes to use prebaked crust; or, bake per specific pie directions. Makes 2 crusts.


I added a random amount of white sugar to the crust before mixing just because what's a pie crust without sugar? The recipe yields the hard, crispy kind of crust.

The filling was just cut up apples and brown sugar.

Josie told me to put some brown sugar on top... Looks like I threw sand on it. Didn't do too much to add to the taste.



Letting pie cool before you cut it is a pretty important step to the process. I impatiently cut it before letting it sit, and the others noted the pool of sugary liquid in the pie. I left it for a bit, and when I came back to cut it again, the liquid had evaporated. 

I thought the pie wasn't bad. Jess and Josie liked it too. 

Baked for approximately 45 minutes at 325˚C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment