Friday, March 4, 2011

Stop and Seat

416-229-6288
13. MaMa noodles ($5.99)

 Green onion pancake

The place was pretty empty on a Thursday evening, but I have the feeling that this place is somewhat new. I had no idea what "MaMa noodles" were but I figured I'd give it a shot. It reminded me of the cheapo noodles I used to get in the plaza near my residence, but this bowl had bigger chunks of tofu? Meat? Okay, I wasn't exactly sure of what I was eating. The sauce was just enough to cover the noodles. James's #2 braised beef soup noodles looked much better. The meat seemed pretty soft as well. The green onion pancake was too soft and oil-soaked for my liking. 

I feel as though the majority of people who go there go for the cheap bubble tea. There was a noticeable lag time between ordering and the food coming out, but it wasn't excruciatingly long. 

Would I return? I wouldn't mind. I kind of like the quiet atmosphere, and next time I'll get the braised beef soup noodles too. I'll also trade the green onion pancake for a bubble tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment