Saturday, March 12, 2011

L'Opéra

416-733-8830

The first thing I thought when I walked into this cafe was "date night". It has that dim lighting, comfortable atmosphere thing going for it and judging by the patrons that night, it works. 

Clockwise from top left: lychee mango cake, tiramisu, cheese pie.
The mango mousse was really light, but flavourful. The tiramisu might have been missing some liquor-soaked biscuits. The cheese pie tasted like creamy cheesecake, but not as creamy as the cheese pie I had in Montreal. (Hm, that reminds me...) It didn't have sauce on display, but the options were some sort of berry sauce or chocolate. I asked to verify that I'd get chocolate but that was the only sauce I was offered anyway. 

Cappuccino
The cappuccino was very fragrant and milky. 

Mocha drink
James's drink looked very pretty. 

Would I return? Yes. The desserts were tasty. I don't know if they were authentically French, but I liked them. They seemed more like French desserts modified for Asian taste buds. It makes sense since the cafe sits in the heart of Koreatown North. I like the effort in the frothy swirls of the warm drinks.

Total damage: approximately $7-something for my cheese pie and cappuccino.

No comments:

Post a Comment