Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Random Home Cooked Meals


Pan-fried chicken breast with fried carrots, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and spinach. And noodles.
The meal would've been more cohesive if I had cut up the chicken, but I have this weird thing about touching raw meat - I try to avoid it at all costs. I probably should've used separate pans for the vegetables and the meat, but that would result in more pans to wash. I melted butter in a pan, threw in the chicken, threw in the mushrooms and onions, and followed with the other items. Noodles was a last minute idea because I thought I needed some carbs. I should have made rice, but that would take too much time. Chicken was cooked for about 6-7 minutes on each side. It was slightly dry, but not awful. I would have reduced the time, but I wanted to kill pathogens. 

My father bought me this steamer, so I decided to give it a try.

With so few buttons, it's pretty straight forward to use.

You can steam rice in it while you steam stuff on top too!

I oversteamed the fish and it came out hard and gross. Green beans would have been better boiled.

Soya sauce is my food band-aid.

I actually went to Walmart with the intention of buying two whole chickens for $12 as advertised in their flyer. I didn't find it, but this seemed like a reasonable alternative - not price-wise, but it came pre-seasoned!

The seasoning is super flavourful, and as I followed the instructions on the back of the packaging, the chicken was pretty perfectly cooked. Very moist. 


I basically ate that chicken for the rest of the week in different variations.

With penne!

It appears as though I eat a lot of chicken... I should go get some beef or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment