Monday, September 20, 2010

Random SF Food


Breakfast chicken made by Casey
Mmm, the golden brown skin is delicious.

Boneless chicken wings.
Casey really outdid himself with this one. Sweet boneless chicken wings for our mini road trip. It's great when we pull things like this out of a cooler from the trunk and just start eating it in parking lots.

During a car ride in a traffic jam, we got hungry. Remember that there were packed sandwiches in the trunk, it took me a lot of work to use the club to reach in from the backseat and get them out.

Healthy avocado, orange, spinach sandwich by Casey.

More eating out of the trunk. This time it's peach pie (courtesy of Casey) in the Korbel (more on that later) parking lot. 
The peach pie tasted like apple pie, but it still tasted okay. The best part was when the security guard drove by us and gave us funny looks. He probably thought we were drinking alcohol out of the trunk.

Apple orange spinach sandwich by Casey.
Healthy!

Perfectly arranged apple slices!
Healthy!

French toast breakfast by Casey
This was quite delicious. I liked the texture of the soft bread with the crispy edges.

Alaska spruce tip syrup
It tasted like... if I licked the needles on a pine tree. It was interesting, but I think I still prefer maple syrup.

My chopped up seaweed.

Seaweed and avocado

Sunny side up eggs

The complete meal: rice, seaweed, avocado, and a fried egg.
Simple idea from Casey, but relatively healthy. 

Cream of mushroom pasta by Casey.

Oatmeal breakfast.
... Casey eats a lot of oatmeal.

Trader Joe's!

I picked out these sausages to be barbecued.

Barbecued meat, rice, and vegetables.

So the chicken I cooked were slightly on the raw side at first, but it was my first time!
The sausages from Trader Joe's were pretty good. I liked the spices that were in them. 

Great coaster at Casey's place

Bones from wing tips.
We leave nothing behind.

Major thanks to Casey for so much cooking and healthy food on the trip. There was a lot of thought put into it, and I really appreciated it!

No comments:

Post a Comment