Monday, September 6, 2010

Jack Astor's

416-263-9800
Hours:
Sun - Wed 11 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Thurs - Sat 11 a.m. - 2 a.m.

Zesty chipotle chicken pita
Chicken was kind of dry, bacon was a bit chewy instead of crispy, and lettuce wasn't exactly crunchy. It was okay enough. Honestly, I was just trying to scarf it down as fast as possible because eating outside in the heat was that uncomfortable. Unfortunately, not even the mist sprayers were helping because the cool air was blowing in the other direction. I wish we had one of the tables with the umbrellas.

Balsalmic vinaigrette house salad that came with my meal.
There were some nice chunks of cucumber and some large, crispy croutons in there. I appreciate the look of the spiralled stuff on top, but this salad heated up really quickly in the sun. 

Andrew's cheese garlic pan bread.
It's so greasy, but it's still pretty good. It's not cheap though at $7.93 a pan.

I'd like to note that although I ordered a Sprite, the waitress refilled it with water. Considering how terribly hot it was that day and all I wanted was some more cold pop, I was quite displeased. I guess I should be thankful that she came with refills without us having to ask.

Would I return? Maybe. If I do, I probalby won't sit outside, and I probably won't go during lunch hour on a weekday. 

Total damage for my meal + pop: approximately $15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment