Sunday, August 28, 2011

Team Fatty's Wedding

Golden Regency Restaurant (2nd level of Pacific Mall, 4300 Steeles Avenue East, Markham, Ontario)
905-470-8785

The way in which this pig was presented was pretty awesome. The servers stood at the front holding a platter of pig each. The platters had sparklers on them! 

I'm used to the crispy pork at Chinese weddings, but the flat, disc-shaped doughy pieces were new. 
The crispy pork skin was delicious.

Stuff mushroom in conch shell.
This also seemed novel. It tasted like a curry mixture. There was a secret broccoli buried under the stuffing. 

Scallops and green beans.

Bird's nest soup.

I think this was the abalone.

Chicken.

Lobster.

Steamed fish.
I haven't had steamed fish in so long. It was soft, seasoned with soy sauce, and satisfying.

Rice and noodles.
Everyone went for the noodles so I didn't get a chance to try them, which made me a little sad. Note to self: grab fast.

Red bean soup.

Cupcakes!
I had the taro one. It was good, but the lemon one looked better. I snuck a peek at the insides of other people's lemon ones, and they seemed to have some sort of lemon cream or custard in them. 

That food at that reception was so plentiful. I enjoy eating several different types of meat at one meal.

Congrats to Team Fatty!

No comments:

Post a Comment