Monday, August 1, 2011

Mega Random Food Post

Feels like it's been a while since my last random food post, so here goes...

Some of these might have been previously posted, but I really can't be bothered to check. I'm sure some of them are new.

 Mmm... ice cream. 

French toast man??!!

He's made with peanut butter and raisin bread. Topped with yellow kiwi.

Monster breakfast of champions. I miss fruit.

Chinese Swiss roll cake. It's never too sweet.

Fried rice... for when you don't really know how to cook.

Breakfast of champions 2.

Chocolate croissant. I used to eat these almost daily. I miss eating like a teenager. I like them when they have a large amount of chocolatey goodness on the inside. 

This is how we ate in Ottawa.



This is how I ate at home. 
Just kidding. I find Courvoisier hard to drink. It's... old man liquor.

Chinatown in Ottawa is really just a street. Somerset Street. And I saw more pho joints there than I did Chinese restaurants. 
 With Wing-See's help, I managed to find a place that served Peking duck.
It wasn't the best Peking duck I've ever had, but... it was passable for Ottawa. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the only restaurant in Ottawa that served Peking duck. Chinese food there is rare and mostly subpar. I'm speaking from around 2007. It might be different now.

I don't think I've seen these President's Choice chip flavours recently. Maybe they've been discontinued.
 The Greek one tasted like salad dressing.




 Nothing beats blended frozen fruits in the summer. 
 Rêve wine from Montreal... I wonder if I finished that bottle by myself.





Teppenyaki salmon and fried rice from Yamato.
The fried rice is an extra $3, I think. Jess and Berta said it was worth it. The alternative is plaino white rice. 

Cake from The Sweet Escape in the distillery district of downtown Toronto.
 This cake was gobbled up by Renée and Simon. I just liked that it had gold flakes on top. I didn't like that it was leaning over though.

No comments:

Post a Comment