Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peter Pan Bistro

416-593-0917
Hours: 
Sun - Wed: 12 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Thurs - Sat: 12 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.

Went here for Summerlicious
The bread.
The bread was really good. It was quite soft with lots of flavour and served with oil and vinegar.

Portobello mushroom with chorizo sausage.
Salty. The sausage part was crispy and reminded me a bit of Chinese food somehow. The leaves at the bottom soaked up all the vinegary sauce. The mushroom was nice and plump.

Salmon with crispy polenta.
The asparagus tasted a bit burnt, and they were a bit limp for my liking. Everybody at the table who had the same dish as me thought the crispy ball was potato until I pointed it out that it was polenta. That crispy ball might've been the coolest part of my meal... except that it was extremely hot and I almost burned my tongue on the first bite. The salmon wasn't bad. It wasn't dry. The sauce tasted a bit like barbecue sauce.

Tiramisu
I thought it could use a little more liquor and coffee taste. It was also a bit too cakey for me, but I ate it up anyway.

Would I return? I'm not sure. I thought the food was okay, not really mind-blowing. I really liked the polenta ball and the bread, though. It's hard to judge the restaurant from this meal as I've noted that the Summerlicious menu isn't always a restaurant's best or even average offering. Actually the three options for mains on the special menu was reduced to two, as they had run out of ribs before we ordered. The waitress mentioned that they were low on salmon as well, but we managed to get ours.

We all noted that everything took a really long time to come out. The bread, the food... we all thought the wait was getting to be a bit much. There might have been lots of patrons inside, but there were only two occupied tables (including ours) outside.

The patio is full of greenery. The outdoor furniture is green as well. And plastic. 

Despite the speed, service was friendly and polite.

Overall, I thought the experience was okay. Felicia didn't seem too impressed. She thought her bisque was too thick, and wasn't a superfan of her seafood macaroni. Her favourite part of the meal was the tiramisu. I'm not sure how everyone else felt about this place.


Total damage: $25 + tax + tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment