Friday, July 9, 2010

Galleria

Galleria Supermarket (7171 Yonge Street, Thornhill, Ontario)
905-771-1474
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - midnight 365 days a year.

If you go late at night (I went around 8 or 9 p.m.), you can find loads of premade food on sale. It's pretty great if you're looking for a cheap, late dinner. 

I paid for these at the main cash registers, and asked if I could eat them at the tables at the back (in the food court type area). They put a "paid" sticker on the boxes and I was on my way. The cashier even gave us an extra set of chopsticks.

Unagi don.

The eel was a bit chewy and the rice was a bit hard.


Kimchi rice balls.


These were pretty exciting. They're slightly spicy, and there are chopped vegetables in them too. 

Red bean snack from the food stand just outside the grocery store.
It wasn't super hot this time, but it was still warm. They're still 3 for $2. 

Total damage: $5.39 for the two pre-packaged, boxed food. I also gave Renée $0.50 for one of her red bean fish-shaped snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment