Saturday, July 3, 2010

The 3 Brewers

The 3 Brewers (275 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario)
647-347-6286
Hours:
Mon - Thurs 11 a.m. - midnight
Fri - Sat 11 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Sun 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.

One pint of Monaco, which is a beer cocktail of blond beer, grenadine, and Sprite.
It comes out bright red, even though the picture doesn't show it. Tastes like carbonated fruit punch. It's a little too girly for my likings.

Royal burger. "A hamburger prepared with blonde beer, topped with sautéed mushrooms and Roquefort cheese, served with fries and homemade mayonnaise."
The fries were crispy, but could have very well been from frozen. The meat was bouncy in this 'from frozen' kind of way. The bun was toasted. I quite liked the cheese in my burger, and the mayonnaise.

The meat was hard to describe. The texture wasn't like steak, nor was it like ground meat. It was like... finely packed meatloaf. It was also a bit dry at certain bites. 

Once we walked in, I noticed that our waitress was wearing a France jersey. This is understandable, as it is World Cup time. I wondered if she was from France or French (not that there's anything wrong with wearing a French jersey otherwise). I then noticed that the other staff were also wearing the same jerseys. It's a little curious to have so many France jerseys in Toronto... then I looked down on the paper place mat, and realized that The 3 Brewers/Les 3 brasseurs is from France. I get it now.

It should be noted that the tables in the tall booths are not bolted down to the ground. Andrew pushed it towards me twice during the meal. He, by the way, enjoyed his pulled pork sandwich. 

Would I return? Yeah. The atmosphere is comfortable, and I wouldn't mind going for their beer or trying their flamms (which look like pizzas). 

Total damage: $23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment