Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pizzeria Libretto

Pizzeria Libretto (221 Ossington Avenue, Toronto)
416-532-8000
Hours: 
Mon - Sat 12 - 11 p.m.
Sun 4 - 11 p.m.

Wild mushroom pizza (Friday).
There are daily pizza selections and at $19, Friday's and Monday's seem to be the most expensive. The mushroom flavour is intense and the pizza is a bit on the salty side. I liked the taste that came through, but the crust was rather flimsy and a bit doughy at the edges. I'm not sure if real Neapolitan pizza is supposed to be like that, but I don't think it's my preference. Also, I had trouble keeping up with Andrew's eating speed because his food came out a good few minutes before mine (and he eats really fast).

Hot peppers, sausage, and mozzarella pizza.
I tried a bit of the meat, and it had a slight tingle on my tongue, but Andrew said that the hot peppers on the pizza made his mouth feel like burning. He enjoyed his meal, but had the same issues with the crust as I did.


Would I return? Maybe. Service is friendly. Place has good amount of people, and it is loud (during a Friday lunch around 1 p.m.). I like the ingredients that they use, but the pizza crust is a bit of a turn off.

Total damage for two: $45.

No comments:

Post a Comment