Thursday, November 5, 2009

Woo Restaurant and Lounge

Woo Buffet Restaurant and Lounge (10 Dundas Street East, suite 500, Toronto)

It's decorated like buffet for downtown businessmen. And the food isn't bad.

They actually had sushi and sashimi.
It wasn't the best raw fish that I've had, but it wasn't the worst.

The selection might not be as great as some other buffet places, but they seemed to refill the trays pretty quickly.

There was tempura sushi, but that just tasted weird to me.
Most of what I had was decent. For some reason, some of the tempura vegetables were crispier than others. I would have liked more brown colour in the Shanghai style fried noodles.

While eating his second helping of Shanghai style fried noodles with beef, Andrew lamented, "I don't want this; I want the old stuff." Apparently they added egg bits in the second helping that he had.

I noted that there was only one cake in the dessert section. It was a chocolate cake that Andrew mentioned was really cold and hard.

Andrew seemed impressed that they "actually plucked the hairs off" the fried chicken wings.

Damage: $21 total, including a soft drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment