Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Rebel House

The Rebel House (1068 Yonge Street, Toronto)
416-927-0704
Mon - Fri: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Sat: 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Sun: 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

On Saturdays, this casual joint is open for brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Thus, the window of opportunity for some grand portions of breakfast foods is quite wide.

My omelette of the day and a glass of orange juice:
The orange juice tastes store bought, but the glass jar with a handle that it comes in is pretty cool.

Berta's Rosedale melt:

I really enjoyed my omelette. It was huge, and all the vegetables in it mixed quite well together. The poached egg in Rosedale melt was cooked properly with runny yolk spilling out as it was cut. Berta and I both agreed that the slightly browned cheese on top of the egg was good. I found that the greens didn't quite agree with the rest of the melt though.

Berta said that she liked my omelette better than her Rosedale melt. I thought it was better too.

The kettle fries were abundant and some of mine were crispy. They were much better after adding salt. Lots of salt.

Vanilla cheesecake:
I found it less dense than most cheesecakes, but Berta thought it was pretty dense. The flavour was light, simple and pretty good. Berta thought the bottom crust was too sweet and didn't like the sauce very much. I didn't eat the crust because it was touching the red sauce that presumably contained berries or berry flavours. Neither of us really ate the whipped cream, but I think it was real whipped cream. Bonus points if it was.



Total damage: $21.

No comments:

Post a Comment