Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mr. Greenjeans

Mr. Greenjeans Restaurant & Bar (220 Yonge Street, Toronto Eaton Centre)
416-979-1212
mr@mrgreenjeans.ca

My bottle of Canadian was $5.

BBQ Pulled Pork "Sheppard's" Pie ($14)
(Picture by Andrew)

It's got a phyllo crust and it's served with a house salad. The phyllo crust was a bit annoying to eat as flecks of it sprayed everywhere every time I tried to poke it. I thought the meal would be a bit more exciting than it was. The meat was a bit on the scant side, and it didn't really come through over the potato. Maybe it would have been better as a pulled pork pie with phyllo crust (without the "Sheppard's" part). The dressing for the salad looked like congealed fat, but it tasted like a nice vinaigrette. 

Andrew's burger (The Perfection) and fries ($15)
(Picture by Andrew)

Would I return? Probably not soon. I found the prices to be a bit on the high side for what it was. Though, if it's cold outside and I'm hungry and inside the Eaton Centre, I might change my mind.

Total damage: $5.50 for a beer + $14 for my meal + tax + tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment