Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ruelo Patisserie

Ruelo Patisserie (550 Highway 7 East, Richmond Hill)

More cake!

The cakes here are rather pint-sized.

Zuyu(?) something:
It has the volume of about two golf balls. When I tried to cut through the centre with my spoon, the pink jelly thing just plopped right out. I wasn't really much of a fan of its texture - reminded me a bit like stale gelatin. The white part was nice though. It had a really light flavour, and it wasn't heavy at all.
Ruelo cake and some mango thing in the background:
Andrea really liked the white part of the mango mousse cup. She noted some coconut flavour.

The Ruelo cake was pretty good. I liked the crunchy bits inside. It's surprisingly not overbearingly sweet.
The cakes are pretty good and it's clear that they put thought into their creation, but this is definitely not the cheapest cake shop around.

Total damage: approximately $15 for the mango thing and the two little cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment