Friday, August 28, 2009

Pâtisserie La Cigogne

Yet more cake!

Pâtisserie La Cigogne (1626 Bayview Avenue, Toronto)

Right when we walked into this patisserie, we noticed the display of exciting cakes behind the glass. The staff were a lot less exciting than the cakes. It took an unusually long time for someone to come by and help us, considering that they all saw us as we walked in. I couldn't tell if we were being ignored or if they were giving us time to choose. I hope it was the latter because being ignored as a customer is very annoying.

Sheila went for the Croq-Pistache:
The Croq-Pistache had nice layers and Sheila really liked it. That's not surprising though since she loves pistachio-flavoured stuff.

I went for The Paradise:


I liked how my cake looked like an orange. You could definitely taste the orange, as well as a bit of liquor. I appreciated this, but Sheila did not.

As I age, I find myself preferring lighter cakes that aren't too sweet. Both cakes were nice and light.

I want to try their other cakes, but I don't want to be ignored again.

Damage: free for me, thanks to Sheila!

No comments:

Post a Comment