Friday, July 24, 2009

Poutini's House of Poutine

Poutini's House of Poutine (1112 Queen Street West)

As Andrew mentioned last time, he's glad they now have real business hours and not random hours like when they first opened.

Sun & Mon: closed
Tues & Wed: noon-11pm
Thurs, Fri & Sat: noon-3:30am

I'm a sucker for poutine.

After ordering, it takes a few minutes for our orders to be ready (just like the previous times that we've been there), but it's not a long wait.
I think they gave me more cheese curds this time. And I might have been dreaming, but I think they layered them between the fries too. Either that, or they fell through the hole I was digging with my biodegradable fork. I also received more gravy this time, as the fries at the bottom of the container were still pretty gravylicious.

Looks like they stuck with the gravy recipe that yielded a thicker result. Andrew liked the more translucent gravy that they had on our first visit. I can see where he's coming from, because the thinner gravy felt less heavy, but I think I'm indifferent to the vicosity in the end. I just wish it had a little more flavour. Until then, I'm a fan of the pepper mill.

The cheese curds are still thumbs up!

Total damage: $7.

No comments:

Post a Comment