Monday, July 27, 2009

Daikoku Sushi & Ramen Bistro

Daikoku Sushi & Ramen Bistro (8865 Woodbine Avenue, Markham)

My first impression of this restaurant was that it was very clean. The decor was very... white and clean-looking. The menu looked pretty fancy with a partial metallic face. If you're looking for ramen, there are a few pages of options.

I decided on the noodles in a ginger-based soup with beef:
I could taste the ginger in the soup, but it wasn't overbearing. It was nice, and a bit refreshing. The ramen noodles had a firm texture. Think al dente. There wasn't a terribly small portion of meat, but I wouldn't have minded a little more. I think the winning point of my meal for me was the soup base.

Wing-See ordered the super strong white pork bone ramen, and recommended it. She also mentioned that the satay flavours were pretty good, but the curry one not so much.

Total damage: $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment