Monday, February 2, 2009

Smoke's Poutinerie

Smoke's Poutinerie (218 Adelaide St. W., Toronto)
Montreal poutine:


Again, I'm not a fan of brown fries. Their redeeming quality is that they were crispy enough for my likings. Portion size is artery-cloggerific. One size fits all. The "Montreal" poutine had "Montreal" smoked meat, mustard and a pickle. I left all fries touching the yellow condiment in the box. The smoked meat was shaved and a bit dry. I was a bit disappointed as my friends gave this place good comments. (I still don't know what they mean by "squeaky cheese".) I guess that's what I get for ordering a "Montreal" poutine in Toronto. I should've known better.

Andrew ordered the Italian poutine. It was laden with meat: sausage and what appeared to be ground beef. Its appearance was a bit unappetizing to me, but my cousin liked it for the most part. His only beef (intentional pun) was that it was slightly too salty for him.

This experience made me want to get on a bus to Montreal and look for poutine with a gratin treatment. But first, I think I want to eat some fresh fruits and vegetables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment