Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beer Bistro

Beer Bistro (18 King Street East, Toronto)
http://www.beerbistro.com/

Stuff I split with Jo
Schneider Weisse beer and a Lindemans Apple beer:

Made me look really weak ordering such a fruity beer that came in a delicate glass. The juxtaposition of the big beer next to the Lindemans drink only emphasized the girlishness of fruity alcoholic drinks. The Belgian girlie drink didn't taste much like alcohol, and it was slightly sour. I liked it, and others noted that it smelled like apples.

Half Duck Confit pizza and half Hog Wild pizza:
The Hog Wild tasted better with its sweet BBQ sauce (or something like it), despite the random cubes of pure meat fat. It also had whole cloves of garlic, but I like garlic, so it's all good. I liked the cheese in the duck confit. According to the menu, the dough is made with McAuslan Oatmeal Stout.

Sticky Lamb Ribs:
Not recommended. Wasn't really "sticky" as advertised, and it was considered dry by everyone who tried it.

Devil's Puttanesca mussel bowl:
I enjoyed them. They seemed well-flavoured to me. Dipping the bread in the sauce was a great experience. Very tasty. Josie kept getting the anchovies, but I didn't get any of it. She counted three meatless shells.

Damage: ~$50


Andrea and Mel's Food
Steak Tartare:
Baked Mussels Florentine:
Wild Hog Beer Bread Pizza:


Random notes:
-Everyone seemed pleased with the food in general. There was praise for the smoked ketchup that came with the Belgian Frites.
-The sorbet came in a glass ash tray. I thought it was weird, but Andrea thought it looked cool.
-Server didn't check up on the food with us, and Mel had to ask for more water.
-Andrea and Mel liked the Steak Tartare the best out of their food choices.
-At another table, I snuck a bite off of Berta and Jess's dessert plate, and that mouthful of beer ice cream and brownie bits was surprisingly tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment