Thursday, February 25, 2016

MeNami

416-229-6191
Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Monday - Saturday: 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 a.m.
Fun cocktail list.

Corn Kaki-age
B seemed to love this a lot. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it's pretty cool. Crispy, corny, and more delicious than I expected it to be.

Sailor Moon Gone Wild ($10)
I don't see the connection to Sailor Moon... Mostly orange-flavoured, it was pretty tasty. I just wished it had less ice. I felt like I took 3-4 sips and the drink was done. It didn't seem like there was much liquid in the cup. Perhaps it was trapped by the ice.

Black sesame udon ($15)
Portion was good, beef was reasonable amount. Noodles were excellent. The udon had a nice bouncy chewiness to them. The black sesame made it feel a bit heavy, but overall it was a tasty dish. Also, it can be a bit splashy to eat. B tried it and thought it was spicy. I did not notice this.

B seemed to enjoy her creamy salmon udon. The salmon looked pretty soft, and she said it tasted poached. I tried a bit, and the sauce was reminiscent of the creamy rice cakes from Han Ba Tang.

Would I return? Yeah, I would. It's from the same owner as Han Ba Tang, which I also enjoyed. The actual udon noodles were pretty tasty and they have some unique sauces to serve them with. The corn thing was pretty good, too. I might be a little wary of the cocktails, as tasty as they sound, but there's also a decent selection of sake and beer to order. My one gripe with this visit was that as a server was pouring tea into my cup, half the liquid was going into the cup, and half was spilling onto the table. She didn't notice for a few seconds, and I'm not sure if she heard me or not when I gently pointed it out. It sounded like she acknowledged me since she stopped pouring? But she also walked away, and never returned to clean it up. It was a little weird. The other server was smiley and friendly enough. She also helped us identify the menu item from a picture on B's phone.

Total damage (post-tax, pre-tip): $48.59 for 2 udons, 1 cocktail, and 1 corn thingy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment