Sunday, February 21, 2016

Le Papillon

416-367-0303
Hours:
Sunday: 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 11:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.

Another Winterlicious entry.

 The soup

The salade rouge

Pork terrine

Braised lamb shank
Meat was nice and tender. Good size. Can't remember if there was a weird flavour to it.

Mixed seafood bouillabaisse
I think the comment was that this "seafood" was mostly fish. Actually, it was just fish.

I cannot remember what this was...

This neither.

Papillon s'more
We joked that the plainest-sounding dessert was usually the best. It certainly looked the fanciest.

Bread pudding


Pouding chomeur
They didn't believe me when I translated this to unemployment pudding, or poor man's pudding. Joke's on them.

Our server mentioned $7 martinis for any martini. So I ordered a gin martini, and was given some options of gin to choose from. When the bill came to us, my martini was about twice the price of the advertised special. Apparently, top shelf gins were NOT $7. It would've been nice had this been mentioned to me when I ordered my drink. I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't explicitly told to us that it would be $7 for ANY martini.

Food was good. I think there was disappointment with the "seafood" bouillabaisse, but my lamb shank was fine.

Cheers to Phoebe for the fancy photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment