Saturday, May 5, 2012

Izakaya Ju

Izakaya Ju (3-3160 Steeles Avenue East, Markham, Ontario)
905-474-1058

In J-town, there's a small izakaya that's unlike any that I've been to. It feels more like a small restaurant, and maybe that's because the set-up is almost the same as the adjacent ramen noodle place. In fact, they share washrooms, and I almost walked back into the wrong establishment.


I didn't have much to eat (I actually only had a drink), but Mel's dumpling stuffed chicken wings looked interesting. They deboned a part of the wing, and stuffed it with dumpling filling.

Would I return? Sure. There's a chalkboard full of menu items on the wall, and I remember some of them being interesting. Plus, the plum wine sawa I got wasn't bad. The only thing is that it closes kind of early for an izakaya. I think it was either 10 or 11 p.m... might have been a Thursday or Friday night. I don't know; I like to drink into the night. They have wifi, but Jo couldn't connect to it, even after getting the password.

Total damage: $10 for my plum wine sawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment