Friday, September 18, 2009

Restoran Malaysia

Restoran Malaysia (815 Major Mackenzie Drive East, Richmond Hill)
905-508-1432
Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 11am - 11:00 pm
Sunday 12noon - 9:30 pm

We got there at 8 p.m. on a Friday. We were seated close to 9 p.m. Nope, they don't take reservations. Yes, it gets that packed. The restaurant is in a pretty small plaza in a somewhat random location, and one would never expect that kind of business. Must be the food.

Roti and curry beef ($9):
The roti pieces were very soft and chewy. In the curry bowl, there were three chunks of beef and a soft potato chunk. The curry was the soupy kind, and it was quite flavourful.

Mel's chicken murtabak ($6) with a cup of curry ($2, I think):
It was kind of like an omelette wrapped in roti. I thought it was pretty cool.

My Mango Freezy ($3):
I was expecting bits of crushed ice, but the actual drink had enough mango flavour to appease my taste buds.

I didn't order anything fantastical, but judging from the dishes headed towards other tables, there is a lot more I need to try from this restaurant.

Total damage: approximately $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment