Sunday, September 20, 2009

CNE Food

Admission ticket:
For $1.75, it was a cheap thing to do.

I saw this sign, and the name sounded Quebecois:
Andrew's Canadian, which is just their poutine with two strips of bacon:
My Lumberjack poutine ($8.18, tax included):
Honestly, I didn't feel that the egg and sausages added anything special. My fries were undercooked, and the cheese bits didn't really taste like curds. They were more like hard chunks. Clearly, the sign misled me. Andrew liked his poutine, but he did mention that his fries were actually cooked compared to mine.

Bouchard's Poutinery also sold something called "taco in a bag". It's basically taco toppings put into a bag of Doritos. Honestly, sounds like something I'd create as a makeshift meal in university.

Potato tornado ($5):
It looks way cooler than it tastes. I was expecting crispy like fries or chips, but it kind of tasted like it just soaked up all the oil it was dunked in.

Special edition Coke ($1.75):

No comments:

Post a Comment