Friday, September 25, 2009

Carmelina

Carmelina Restaurant (7501 Woodbine Avenue, Markham)
Tel: (905) 477-7744
E-mail: carmelinarestaurant@rogers.com
Minestrone:
The soup of the day was really hearty and massive. I was full after eating two thirds of it, to be honest. It was loaded with pasta, vegetables, and some beans. It could have been my whole dinner, if I didn't order risotto.

Risotto Con Funghi ($16):
Really, it's just a fancy name for mushroom risotto. I didn't think the food portions at this restaurant would be so big. The website makes it look like one of those restaurants that serve tiny portions of fancy foods with a million ingredients.

My entree had great flavour, and I was pretty impressed with it. The risotto was properly cooked, and the mushroom flavour came through quite well. Actually, all of the entrees that I sampled at my table were pretty good. I have to say that I was surprised with the manicotti. It kind of just melted in my mouth.

The odd thing was that we were one of two large tables being served in the restaurant for pretty much most of the night. It's a shame because the food is pretty good, and the prices aren't terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment