Friday, February 17, 2012

Manpuku

416-979-6763
Hours: 
Mon - Wed 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Thurs - Fri 11:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sat 12 p.m. - 11 p.m.


Weird. I thought I posted about Manpuku before, but I guess not. 

Hidden away in a corner of the Village by the Grange food court, there's a small Japanese restaurant with actual Japanese-speaking staff. This place isn't all about sushi or teriyaki. Instead, you might find more commonplace Japanese cuisine, including a succinct selection of rice and noodle dishes.

I wanted Asahi black at the time, but they didn't have any so I tried some Takara Can Chu-Hi grapefruit flavoured. It tasted like grapefruit cooler. Yum!
It wasn't cheap though at about $8.







Takoyaki ($4.99)
They make it fresh so it takes a little while. I wasn't crazy about it as the batter seemed a little thick,  the octopus bits a little small, and it didn't have a crunchy outside.

Cake ($3.99)!
It was a simple cake, drizzled in honey with green tea powder sprinkled on top. Dana asked if the green tea powder was what made it Asian, and we haven't stopped making fun of her since.

Black sesame ice cream




Would I return?
I already have a few times. They have reasonable prices for food, and most of the food is full of umami.

Thanks to Derek and Bianca for supplying most of the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment