Monday, February 13, 2012

CAKE!

I can't count how many times a week I have random cake cravings. 

Amanda was nice enough to share her birthday cake with me.
If I remember correctly, it was some sort of chocolate hazelnut concoction with some phyllo pastry layers. It satisfied my cake cravings for that week.

Another one of my cake cravings got me to buy this cake from Loblaws.
It didn't look as nice as the LaRocca cakes, but it was cheaper by about $2. It says that it's made with cream, which makes me wonder what other cakes are made with... 

The cake pretty much looks like it does on the cover picture.

The inside looks a bit more mauled, possibly because of my rushed cutting.


Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this cake. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but it was chocolatey and not diabetically sweet. The chocolate cream layers were a nice offset to the cakey layers, which could have been slightly more moist. But you know... CAKE! 

Total damage: $13.99 + tax for my whole cake.

Cheers to Amanda for sharing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment