Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ten Ren Tea

Ten Ren Tea (330 Highway 7 East, Richmond Hill)
905-881-8896

I've been told by some friends that the drinks from Ten Ren taste weird. It's probably because they use "the real stuff" to make their drinks. Taro drinks from many other bubble tea places use a powdered mix that gives it a really strong purple colour. In Mel's taro milk tea from Ten Ren, she could taste the actual taro chunks.

My red bean milk tea:
This is not something I usually order, but they were out of the warm almond drink. I think it's kind of neat that you can order your very own teapot. It's more expensive than other places, but there's novelty in having your own teapot.

This was part of Mel's meal:
I don't actually know what it is, but it's something in soup.

Ten Ren Tea is like a bubble tea shop for the slightly older, richer crowd. That being said, I didn't feel too out of place in super casual clothing (oversized hoodie and jeans).

It also has more focus on the tea. According to Mel, the noodles aren't bad either.

Total damage for my teapot: $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment