Saturday, December 19, 2009

Craft Burger (Yonge St)

416-922-8585
Hours:
Mon - Thurs: 11 A.M. - 10 P.M.
Fri: 11 A.M. - 11 P.M.
Sat: 12 P.M. - 11 P.M.
Sun: 12 P.M. - 9 P.M.

Last time I went to Craft Burger (King Street location), they totally ignored my "no ketchup" instructions. This time, I ordered the spicy burger combo, and made sure the burger didn't come with ketchup to begin with. (It comes with spicy mayonnaise.)

Andrew's spicy burger combo with onion rings:
The onion rings were very crispy, and I quite liked them. Andrew said that they could have used more salt. He noted that the burgers actually leak meat juice when he gets them during lunch time, but this particular time the burger lacked in leaky goodness. (We went on a Friday evening to avoid the huge lunch crowd.) He also lamented that the burgers have been more well done in recent visits, but they used to be medium rare and pink in the middle.

My spicy burger combo with fries:
The fries were crispy and I liked the seasoning. Andrew said that it was just salt, but it tasted like more than just salt to me - almost like potato chip seasonings. My burger had more pink colour inside than Andrew's and although it wasn't leaking meat juice, I still think it was one of the juicier burgers in the city. The tomato and lettuce weren't anything special, but at least they were present to garnish the meat. The sesame bun worked well in the package.

This location seemed to have a bit more space than its King Street sister. The burgers are pretty much the same though, and that's really all that matters.

Overall, I would have to say that this is one of my preferred burger joints in Toronto. How could anyone deny themselves a thick, juicy burger?

Total damage for the combo: $11.47.

No comments:

Post a Comment