Thursday, April 9, 2009

Craft Burger

Craft Burger (573 King Street West)
http://www.craftburger.com/

King Street West is full of swanky, hipster restaurants, but for two underdressed people, we were looking for something more informal. And greasy.

Craft Burger is a little hole in the King West wall. The place seats about ten to fifteen people, and once we passed through the doors, we found ourselves standing in line. There wasn't an empty chair, so we opted for takeout. 

The line moves quickly and a girl with a touchscreen device comes by to take our names and our orders. I ask for a classic burger without ketchup or mustard and a poutine. 

She must not have heard me because my burger had all the usual condiments on it. She also took my name down as Amy, so maybe it was just really loud in there.
I didn't mind the ketchup because the burger was so thick that I could barely taste it. I'll have to agree with Andrew when he said that it tasted homemade.  
Looks like they use the same boxes for their poutines as Smoke's Poutinerie
It might've been because I let it steam in the box for so long, but that has got to be the meltiest cheese on poutine that I've ever eaten. Thumbs up!

Total damage: $11.98.

Nod to Jon for letting me know about this place.

2 comments:

  1. hey amy! i still have to try that place out. next up is mussels at bank note down the street?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you should definitely check it out.
    Yeah, I want to try the mussels! :D

    ReplyDelete