Friday, April 10, 2009

JJ Japanese Thai

JJ (6485 Mississauga Road, Mississauga)
http://www.jjjapanesethai.com/

For a weeknight, this spacious restaurant was pretty packed. I'd suggest making reservations.

No complaints here. I was really impressed with the beef sashimi appetizer. The rib-eye steak teriyaki was also very tasty. Blue rare is available here and highly recommended. 

I ordered the smoked ginger duck for myself. The pieces of duck were flavourful and not dry. There was no skimping on the meat, and the dish filled me up nicely.

Smoked Ginger Duck:

The dessert menu offers fancy items such as deep-fried cheesecake, crème brûlée, mango sticky rice, deep-fried ice cream, etc. I don't normally eat anything berry related, but I have to admit that the deep-fried cheesecake (berry) had a good crunch to it. It was served with a green (probably pistachio) sauce on one side of the plate, and orange (probably mango) sauce on the other.

I'd definitely go back when I head to that side of town again.

No comments:

Post a Comment