Friday, August 31, 2012

CNE

Canadian National Exhibition

End of August means end of summer and two weeks of the Ex. For me, that means trying out whatever disgusting concoction of food combination they've come up with this year. The big craze this time was bacon, but I wasn't sold. The Bacon Nation offerings didn't seem that exciting to me, or maybe I just couldn't see the full menu. I decided for pulled pork business from Pull'd instead.



 The Jack'd ($13.56 after tax)
Pulled pork in between layers of red velvet pancakes... with a square of salted butter on top. It looked like something I'd make out of leftovers in rez. The pancakes were more orange than red, but surprisingly went okay with the meat. The meat wasn't all pulled apart, and could've used more sauce - Jack Daniel's sauce. The butter was good at moistening things up. It was kind of pricey and alright. 


 This is what it looked like after hacking.

We saw this sign that me and Renée found hilarious, but Jo didn't get it. 


1 comment:

  1. WOW, everything looks so good :)

    XoXo
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete