Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Senator Restaurant

The Senator Restaurant (249 Victoria Street, Toronto)

The Senator Restaurant looks like a diner, and the wait staff is pleasant like a diner's usually is. 

Smoked salmon and brie omelette with potatoes and Challah toast:
The Challah toast was nice, but I would've liked some extra butter to go with it, since I'm not a fan of jam. The omelette was good, but I didn't really taste the cheese.

Freshly squeezed orange juice:
I wasn't expecting the pulp that was in it. I guess I've been spoiled recently. Berta said that the pulp was good, and that she generally doesn't like the pulp in orange juice from grocery stores because it tastes "fake".

Left: bacon and eggs. Right: French toast with apple slices and syrup.
The sunny side eggs were cooked well, with the yolks runny enough. Berta is a big fan of the French toast. I thought they were okay, but I secretly prefer the ones I make because they have more character.

Overall, I thought the dishes had good portions of food on them. I just think that they run a bit on the pricier side for breakfast food. 

Total damage: $18 for 1/3 of all the dishes and a split jug of orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment