Friday, July 1, 2016

Dave's Lobster

Dave's Lobster (6 Prince Street, Charlottetown, PEI)
Hours: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily

My first dinner after landing in Charlottetown had to be lobster. I was going to make it my mission on this trip to gorge on lobster at every chance. The popular Water Prince restaurant didn't have room for us, and we were hungry for lobster, so we strolled down the block to Dave's Lobster.


Some Fancy
It's basically my favourite version of the lobster roll: buttered lobster with lemon in bread/bun. Bonus: chives. As far as lobster rolls go, I like the hot, non-mayo version because I really like to taste the ocean on the lobster without other ingredients getting in the way. The large lobster chunks were very exciting. And so yummy. I wanted to eat two. My dinner mates were slightly less enthused with the lobster taco, but praised the half hot half cold lobster roll. The half and half is basically half warm buttered lobster roll, and half cold mayo lobster roll. 

Staff was friendly and mentioned that they were just opening new locations in and about the Canadian East coast e.g. Halifax.

Would I return? Yes. I like the giant lobster meat; it tastes so good. Not the cheapest lobster roll on the island, but definitely high on my list of good eats.

Total damage: approximately $20 for the lobster roll and bag of chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment