Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sushi Tei

905-882-1110
Hours: 
Mon - Thurs 11:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Fri - Sat 11:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sun 10:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

First impression: they have awesome cups!



K-8 spicy Udon ($9.95)

The sashimi dish that was part of Renée and Simon's Osaka course dinner ($49.95).

I like what they did with the green onion.



I liked how the cuttlefish was soft and not chewy. I was also very pleased that the shrimp was peeled - no tail. There was one that had the tail, and I think it was supposed to go into tempura batter because it had been straightened out. The broth looked spicier than it was, but it still maintained my interest with enough flavour. In terms of seafood count, there were about 3 shrimp, 1 nice piece of cuttlefish, and 1 mussel. There could have been 1-4 more pieces. Vegetables included onions, mushrooms, and green peppers. 

Would I return? Yeah, I'd go again. I tried one of Renée and Simon's spicy salmon roll and I liked it. It tasted different from the ones I've had before. The sauce wasn't as creamy looking, and it was very spicy. The place looks clean and the gimmicky projected music videos on a piece of glass in the middle of the restaurant is kind of cool to stare at. The menu is pretty long, including both Japanese and Korean dishes. The servers were pretty on the ball with tea refills.

No comments:

Post a Comment